Tabletop Exercise COHERENT RESILIENCE-18 (Collective Defense of Baltic Fuel Supply)
NATO ENSEC COE TABLETOP EXERCISE (TTX)
COHERENT RESILIENCE-18 (CORE-18)
CORE-18 will be held in Vilnius, Lithuania from 3-7 December 2018. The aim of the TTX is to evaluate hybrid threats to critical energy infrastructures with implications for collective defence and the enablement of SACEUR's AOR. For the purposes of this exercise, infrastructures will broadly consist of fuel and electricity supply chains, as well as other transport (rail and road) and communications. The geographic area of the exercise will include the Baltic States, as well as Poland, Sweden and Finland.
Goals of the TTX
- Increase awareness and shared understanding of hybrid threats to critical energy infrastructure to include cyber-attacks, physical sabotage and disinformation campaigns
- Understand the interdependencies among various energy infrastructures [fuel supply, electricity supply, communication networks]
- Understand the dependence of the military forces on civilian energy infrastructure and transport capacities
- Apply NATO and national crisis management plans related to critical energy infrastructure resilience
- Identify shortfalls in plans, policies, procedures and resources related to resilience of critical energy infrastructure
Lectures and syndicates will be conducted at the NATO UNCLASSIFIED level.
TTX on Collective Defense of Baltic Fuel Supply
Šilo str. 5a, Vilnius, Lithuania